Tuesday, June 9, 2009

6-7-2009 — To My daughter


Today, my sweet girl, you joined a new and noble club. 


I watched you suffer the long pains of child birth, the end of which presented the sweet picture of you as a new mother.


You planned for this moment and this time for nine months only to learn there is much you cannot plan nor predict. Welcome to motherhood.


Today you learned a new love. I saw it when you got your first glimpse of little Langston. Now, you’re beginning to realize how much you can love another person. This, my Himeeta, is only the beginning. Your love will grow exponentially day by day, year by year.


You’re going to experience the joys of watching your little son grow, only to wish at every stage that he will stay just as he is. Do you remember me asking you to “stay just like you are — promise Mommy you’ll never change from the way you are right now.” You always said in your sweet little voice and with a big smile, “Okay, Mommy.”


Every stage of growth of your little boy is going to be like that for you.


Now, my little girl, you have a glimpse of how much you are loved.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

After our first night home and absolutely NO sleep, I opened this up this morning and as I read the title, tears came to my eyes. Then I read your post and saw the pictures. Poor Langston, I kept having to wipe my tears off of his face since he was eating as I was crying. I love you!

Laurie Hall said...

Joyce, you put into words so well exactly my thoughts and feelings when two of my daughters gave birth. Thanks for penning this....

Jess said...

Momma Joyce you are so wonderful to Himee and She will be a wonderful mother only taught by the best... You!! Your grandson is precious.

joyce said...

It's surprising to see how his note note has garnered so much attention. The compliments received on the blog as well as facebook have been stunning, but I really can't take the credit. I just wrote what was in my heart, and usually that is what God gives me. It's so in this case. Thanks to all who took the time to respond.